I’ve been super into this salad lately. It’s so fresh and yummy. I’ve been looking forward to posting it all week!
Brussels sprouts are one of those veggies I have grown to love as an adult. You can cook them or eat them raw. They are super healthy as is kale. I love a thinly slices sprout so I use my mandoline, makes things easy and quick. I hold the stem in my fingers and run it across the slicer. Don’t forget to use a glove ;)
A while back I posted a similar recipe using Brussels sprouts with apple. Lovely combination and please forgive the photo. Dijon is a natural pair for the sprouts and kale and the lemon and salt bring all of the flavors together. I added some chopped almonds for texture, you can leave them out or substitute another nut/seed of choice.
This salad comes together in under 10 minutes and will last for days in the fridge. I’d make a double batch as it goes quick!
Shredded Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad
- 2 c. Brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch dino kale
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped almonds
- Shred the Brussels sprouts on a mandoline or slice thin by hand. De-stem the kale leaves and slice as thins as possible. Put the sprouts and kale in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard. Pour the dressing onto the vegetables and mix well by hand. This helps the veggies to break down a bit which helps us to digest them.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the almonds.
- Salad tastes best at room temperature.
- Will keep for 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
Let me know if you try this recipe, I love hearing from you! Have a wonderful weekend and see you back here soon.